Château Palmer

Towards the demise of the Napolean era in 1814, Englishman Major General Charles Palmer crossed over to France and using a huge amount of capital, acquired the Chateau Gasque. This was the beginning of Chateau Palmer. The chateau then changed hands to banking family, the Pereire brothers and further development was carried out. However, during the Great Depression of the 1930s, the chateau was relinquished and in 1938 it was bought by a few families from Bordeaux, England and the Netherlands. For these families it was worth the political risk acquiring the Palmer vineyard as they continued aiming for consistent improvement in quality. As a result of this unyielding effort, the wonderful terroir of Palmer bloomed and a magnificent wine was born.

Website

www.chateau-palmer.com

Address

33460 Margaux, France Phone +33 (0)5 57 88 72 72 Fax + 33 (0)5 57 88 37 16

Country

France

Region

Bordeaux

Appellation

Margaux