Originating from the estate of the Chambaud family in the 18th century, the sole heiress to the estate married Louis Garitey in 1875, who remained owners until Garitey's death in 1914 when the property was divided into three parts. The estate is first mentioned in the 1890 edition of Cocks & Féretwhere it was ranked among the best estates of Pomerol.
One part of the estate acquired in 1917 by Madame Edmond Loubat, she bought additions to the property with the estate named Haut-Canton-Guillot adjacent to Trotanoy and Clos des Grandes-Vignes near Pomerol's church, that together form the present Latour-à-Pomerol property.
|Winery||Établissements Jean-Pierre Moueix|
|Grapes||Cabernet Franc, Merlot|
|Inventory||Very Low Stock|
Situated in Libourne along the Dordogne River, the Établissements Jean-Pierre Moueix was founded in 1937. It deals exclusively with the Right Bank and Northern red wines of Pomerol, Saint-Emilion, Canon-Fronsac and Fronsac.
The Etablissements Jean-Pierre Moueix also owns and distributes some of the best and most famous chateaux in each area including Petrus, La Fleur, Trotanoy, Magdelaine, Lagrange and La Fleur-Petrus. Currently it specializes as a negociant house focusing on the Libourne area, dealing exclusively with quality wines from select small chateaux.