La Vieille Ferme Réserve Rosé Sparkling is designed to share your celebration in elegance and simplicity. Whether served as an aperitif with friends or at a lavish banquet, this wine will help you enjoy the memorable moment and bringing conviviality.
Made from vines planted on limestone soils which allows the roots to draw the necessary freshness and water they need to provide good acidity to the wine. The main varieties are Grenache and Cinsault, vinified by direct pressing and Pinot Noir.
Once blended, the wines are rested in stainless steel tanks. The neutrality of the stainless steel allows preserving the fruit aromas and the freshness provided by the limestone soils.
The elaboration finishes with the "prise de mousse" and of course, bottling.
|Appellation||Côtes du Rhone|
|Varietal(s)||50％ Grenache, 20% Syrah, 15% Carignan and 15% Cinsault|
This vineyard is 25km east of the Orange Alps, on the southern slope of Mont Ventoux, 300m above sea level.
After crushing, all of the grapes undergo alcohol fermentation in either 150 or 300 hectoliter cement tanks. The wine is subsequently aged in oak barrels for 10 months and then clarified and bottled from July to August.
In 1321, under the reign of Pope John XXII, four barrels were brought from the papal cellar in Avignon to be filled with wine in Châteauneuf. In 1549 "Noble Pierre de Beaucastel" bought "a barn with its plot of land extending to 52 saumées at Coudoulet".
The Beaucastels were among the more notable families of this little town and in 1687 Pierre de Beaucastel, was appointed "Capitaine de la ville de Courthezon" by Louis XIV.
Two centuries later at the time of the phylloxera outbreak, the owner of Beaucastel was Elie Dussaud, companion of Ferdinand de Lesseps who constructed the Suez Canal. At that time the vineyard went out of production and it was not until 1909, when Pierre Tramier bought the property, that planting began again. Beaucastel was then passed to his son-in-law Pierre Perrin, a scientist who made great progress with the vineyard. His efforts were built on by Jacques Perrin, who lived until 1978. Today the torch is carried by the sons of Jacques.