40% Sangiovese, 40% Syrah, 20% Montepulciano
|Winery||Tenuta Decugnano dei Barbi|
The name “Decugnano” appears for the first time in 1212: it was the name given to the church of “Saint Mary of Decugnano” and the surrounding land, where grapes were grown to make wine for the clergy in Orvieto.
Claudio Barbi bought this land in 1973 as the area was famous for its exceptional wine, considered at the time one of the best produced in Orvieto. In 1978 the first Decugnono dei Barbi wine was introduced to the market. Since then it has been synonymous with innovation and quality. Enzo Barbi joined the company in 2008, sharing with his father Claudio the same passion for wine.