La Vieille Ferme Rosé 2018

La Vieille Ferme Rosé


This vineyard is at the south-western tip of the Cotes du Rhone, extending out to nearby Villes-sur-Auzon, at the foot of the hills that stretch out to Mont Ventoux and Sault. Aging also takes place in the stainless steel tanks where the wine is clarified before being bottled. The color is a lovely deep pink with a floral fragrance. It also has nuances of aniseed and brown sugar. It is very rich and balanced with flavors of caramel and toffee. 

■ Grape Varieties
50% Cinsault, 40% Grenache, 10% Syrah 

Reviews & Ratings


About this Wine

Country France
Region France
Appellation Vin de France
Winery La Vieille Ferme
Vintage 2018
Color Rosé
Varietal(s) 30% Grenache Blanc, 30% Bourboulenc.,30% Ugni Blanc, 10% Roussanne
Closure Natural Cork
Alcohol 13%
Product Code 2083018
Inventory In Stock

Owning & Enjoying

Tasting notes








This vineyard is in a corner of the Luberon area, at equal distances from Avignon, Aix-en-Provence and Manosque, 300m above sea level. 

Vintage Notes





The grapes are all harvested by hand at a relatively late stage. 90% of the juice is aged in stainless-steel tanks while the remaining 10% is aged in new oak barrels. The wine is then refined and bottled from the following January. 


Winery Description

Jean Pierre Perrin established La Vieille Ferme over 35 years ago, when he chose to produce an inexpensive, straightforward Rhône wine to sell by direct mail to French wine lovers. He used the same grape varieties in similar proportions to those planted at the family's Château de Beaucastel, in a similar vinification process.

The result was an immediate success in France, a wine of character and style in keeping with its Beaucastel heritage. 

Review this Wine